Returns and Refund Policy
Items purchased from Palm Cart, can be returned within 5 (Five) days of receipt of delivery in most cases depending on the Seller. The Seller will define their return policies which Palm Cart is not responsible for any return policy defined by Sellers.
All return requests should be responded within 24 (Twenty-four) hours and also should be closed down in 48 (Forty-eight) hours from the time of response or the time of return of item if returning the item is required.
Return can be tracked by Buyers and Sellers once it is placed with all details. If a package does not arrive and you do not use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the delivery method as a method of return, Seller may not be able to cover your return request. Hence return address used by the buyer should be Lot 10577, Handhuvaree, Hingun-01 goalhi, Hulhumale, 23000 Republic of Maldives.
Sellers’ Return Policy
If a Buyer requests a return, Palm Cart will send an email to Seller that includes the reason for the return and Seller needs to confirm with the Buyer either to Refund, Exchange and Replace the item(s). We recommend that Seller respond to return requests within 24 (Twenty-four) hours from the time of arrival of return if the return requires product to be evaluated before Accepting or Rejecting.
If the Buyer’s request does not comply with our Return Policy, we will inform the same via e-mail.
Sellers’ Processing Return
All return requests shall have a Return Request No: (RRN) number provided during the time of return request. This number is required to handle any return request.
To process the return request, go to your Return Request, where you can review, authorize, or decline requests.
You can take several actions on return requests in the Manage Returns Section.
Seller can handle a return requests as follows:
- In Seller Dashboard, select Returns Requests.
- To authorize a single return request, select the request you want to review.
You will be prompted to use the Return Requested Number generated by Palm Cart which Buyer can only see. Buyers will see this RRN (Return Requested Number) number on the return authorization slip below the return label once a return is made. You will have the option to a Palm Cart -generated unpaid return label. With the Palm Cart’ label, your return address is automatically generated on the label. To change your address, go to your Account Info, then click Return Address. If your return is under manual authorization, you will be prompted to choose a return address. You will have the option to use either one of your previously saved return addresses or to add a new return address.
- To authorize multiple return requests at the same time, select the requests that you’d like to review, then at the top of the Manage Returns page, select Authorize all selected returns from the dropdown menu.
- To receive return request emails with links to authorize, close, or reply, you can configure your settings by selecting Settings, clicking Return Settings, then selecting the related checkbox.
When a Seller approve a Buyer’s return request, Palm Cart sends the Buyer a return label with an address. By default, the return label is a document consist of return item details with address details which return needs to be sent. Buyer should use this label when sending return to the Seller.
Return Pick-Up and Processing
In case of return where you would like item(s) to be picked up from a different address, the address can only be changed if pick-up service is available at the new address
During pick-up by Seller or Buyer returning the product to Seller, your product will be checked for the following conditions:
|Correct Product||IMEI/ name/ image/ brand/ serial number/ article number/ bar code should match and Price tag should be undetached and clearly visible.|
|Complete Product||All in-the-box accessories (like remote control, starter kits, instruction manuals, chargers, headphones, etc.), freebies and combos (if any) should be present.|
|Unused Product||The product should be unused, unwashed, unsoiled, without any stains and with non-tampered quality check seals/ warranty seals (wherever applicable). Before returning a Mobile/ Laptop/ Tablet, the device should be formatted and Screen Lock (Pin, Pattern or Fingerprint) must be disabled. iCloud lock must be disabled for Apple devices.|
|Undamaged Product||The product (including SIM trays/ charging port/ headphone port, back-panel etc.) should be undamaged and without any scratches, dents, tears or holes.|
|Undamaged Packaging||Product’s original packaging/ box should be undamaged.|
The Seller can refuse to accept the return if any of the above conditions are not met.
For any products for which a refund is to be given, the refund will be processed once the returned product has been received by the Seller.
General Rules for a Successful Return
- In certain cases where the Seller is unable to process a replacement for any reason whatsoever, Buyer can raise a dispute to Palm Cart so that we can contact the Seller to further look into it.
- For products where installation is provided by Sellers or Sellers’ service partners, do not open the product packaging by yourself. Sellers’ authorised personnel shall help in unboxing and installation of the product.
- For Furniture, any product related issues will be checked by Seller authorised service personnel and attempted to be resolved by replacing the faulty/ defective part of the product. Seller can decide to do a Full replacement only in cases where the service personnel opines that replacing the faulty/defective part will not resolve the issue.
To cancel a return the Buyer must send a request through their Palm Cart Accounts, under Order page. Once the request is sent the Buyer will also receive a notification regarding it.
Close Return Request
To close a any return request the Buyer can use Return Request Number at any point of time.
If a return request is closed by Seller, the Return Request Number given to the Buyer during the return request time is required. This number is a 4-digit number only hold by customer.
To process and close a return request, a Seller can choose from below options:
- You can issue a refund either after the product is returned or, if you are allowing the Buyer to keep the product, immediately you can do the refund with an agreed refund amount using the Return Request Number. If you want the product returned, you should wait until you receive it before issuing a refund, in order to evaluate its return condition and then refund if applicable.
- Once you receive a return, we expect you to process a refund to the customer within 48 (Forty-eight) hours. This time is counted from the time of return received by Seller.
- If you do not process a refund within 48 (Forty-eight) hours, Palm Cart reserves the right to refund the customer and charge the amount to your Seller account. To avoid a negative customer experience, actively monitor the refund to ensure that it is issued to the customer in a timely manner.
- Buyer shall send a Return Replacement Request to the Seller. A Return Request number will be generated for verification by the Seller. Replacements will be decided by the Seller once the product is received.
- Buyer shall return the products to Seller with original packaging and condition. To close a replacement Seller should enter the Replacement Request number and deliver the replacement item to the Buyer.
- Seller can Approve or Reject the request after the evaluation. A replacement request should be processed in 48 (Forty-eight) hours from the arrival time of returned product. Seller can either Approve or Reject with or without compensation if he/she wants.
- Buyer will be notified whether Seller Approves or Rejects the replacement request.
- Buyer can create a dispute with Palm Cart if he/she thinks the Seller did not take the responsibility to facilitate the replacement.
- Buyer shall send an Exchange Request to the Seller. A Return Request number will be generated for verification by the Seller. Exchanges will be decided by the Seller once the product is received.
- Buyer shall return the products to Seller for exchange and Seller should enter the Return Request number and ship the product to the Buyer.Seller can Approve or Reject the request after the evaluation. An exchange request should be processed in 48 (Forty-eight) hours from the time of arrival of returned product.
- Seller can either Approve or Reject with or without compensation.
- Buyer will be notified whether Seller Approves or Rejects the exchange request.
- Buyer can create a dispute with Palm Cart if he/she thinks the Seller did not take the responsibility to facilitate the exchange process.
- To close any return request the Seller would need the Return Request Number given to the Buyer during the return request time and provide comments to the Buyer in detail. Once the request is closed, Palm Cart will send the Buyer a message with the closure reason. A Buyer also can close a return request. You will receive an email notification when a Buyer closes a return request.
- To encourage Buyers to have confidence when they make purchases from Sellers, we believe it’s important to provide Buyers with excellent service during the returns process. If the cost of a return (yours or the Buyer’s) exceeds the value of the original product, consider reaching out to the Buyer. In such cases, you may offer to let the Buyer keep the original item and still receive a full refund. If you don’t provide an option for the Buyer to keep the original product, and if they will be responsible for return shipping costs close to or exceeding the product’s value, we recommend at least contacting the Buyer to ensure they’re aware of the cost of shipping. If possible, offer credits, incentives (such as a discounted delivery rate), or both to provide a better experience.
Return for Delivery with Services
- Return or exchange for item(s) purchased from a third-party Seller that provided a Delivery with Service (in-home unpacking, installation, assembly, etc.) must be scheduled by the Seller.
- During the scheduled return pick-up, the Seller will uninstall or disassemble, and pick up the item.
- All Sellers participating in the Delivery with Services program are required to support scheduled return pick-ups or exchanges.
- If a Seller does not offer these methods or is non-responsive to scheduling an appointment to return your items, you may contact the Palm Cart’ Customer Care Service.
- If a Delivery with Services item is missing parts or damaged through customer misuse, the customer may be charged a restocking fee based on the condition of the product.
Buyer Return Policy
Buyers can request for return as Refunds, Exchanges or Replacements. Seller can Approve or Reject the request after evaluation which a Refund, Exchange or replacement could be applicable based on the type of return. All return requests can be closed by Buyer or Seller using Return Request Number which is provided to the Buyer during the return request time.
When Buyers order from a Seller that fulfills and delivers its own inventory, Buyer return is sent back to the Seller with Return Label. All returns should be sent to Sellers, Palm Cart will not receive any returns. Return policies may vary from Seller to Seller. You can view the return policy of the Seller before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the Seller page and on the product page on website.
Sellers must either provide a return address within the Maldives, provide a return label, or offer a full or a partial refund without requesting the item be returned. If a Seller does not offer these methods to return your items, you may file case for claiming to seek help with your return.
Buyer Return Process
To end the Return Request with the Seller and the Buyer must inform the Seller via one of the following modes:
- Go to your account orders and choose your item(s) along with the quantity, if the Seller has return policy for your chosen item you can choose the reason for your return request. A Return Request Number (RRN) will be provided to the Buyer, this number can be used to close a return request.
- When your Seller gets the request, he has the right to approve or Reject your request. If your Seller rejects the request, an automated dispute will be created as a case on behalf of the buyer.
- If your Seller accepts the return request, you can proceed to choose from either a Refund, Replacement or an Exchange. Seller can process by either Rejecting or Approving your requests. On Approving or Rejection Buyer will be informed via Email.
- The Seller will also require Return Request number relating to the return from the Buyer and the reason for closing the request to enable the Seller to deal with the query efficiently.
Buyer Refund Process
If the Buyer is cancelling an order which has not been in Delivery Pending for a reason, set out below the order will end immediately and the Seller will refund the Buyer in full for any Goods which have not yet been delivered. The reasons are:
- The Seller has told the Buyer about an upcoming change to the product, or these terms, which the Buyer does not agree to.
- The Seller has told the Buyer about an error in the price or description of the product ordered and the Buyer does not wish to proceed;
- There is a risk that delivery of the Goods may be significantly delayed because of events outside of the Sellers control.
- The Buyer has a legal right to end the order due to a mistake on the part of the Seller
PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE GOODS BACK DIRECTLY TO US. The Order Confirmation Email sets out the returns procedure. If the Buyer cannot locate their Order Confirmation e-mail, they can contact the Seller on their home page or send e-mail to [email protected]
Where the Buyer is exercising their right to change their mind the Buyer must return the Goods to the Seller at their own cost within 14 (Fourteen) days of receiving the Goods.
In most instances, the Seller will only pay the cost of return if:
- The Goods are faulty or misdescribed;
- The Buyer is ending the contract due to being informed of an upcoming change to the Goods ordered, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside of the Sellers’ control, or because the Buyer has a legal right to terminate the Contract due the Sellers’ underperformance.
In all other circumstances (including where the Buyer is exercising their right to change their mind) the Buyer will be liable for the costs of any Goods returned.
During a Buyer return process if the product requires to be sent back to the Seller, Buyer has to send the product to the Seller at his/her own cost which Seller requires to attend and take action.
If the Buyer exercises their right to change their mind:
The Seller may reduce the refunded amount by up to 100% (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods if the Goods have been handled in any way that would not be permitted in a shop. For example, if the seal is broken or the outer packaging is damaged of the returned Goods. If the Seller refunds the Buyer the price paid before being able to inspect the Goods and later discovers the Buyer has handled the Goods in an unacceptable manner, the Buyer must reimburse the Seller by paying 100% of the original purchase price paid by the Buyer for the Goods.